We developed our own custom Sony S-Log3 and S-Log2 Conversion LUTs that have great retention in the highlights, well balanced saturation levels, and an accurate colorimetry response for consistent results no matter what lighting environment you are in. These will be your new favorite go-to Conversion LUTs!
Sony BaseLUTs for S-Log3 / S-Log2
Compatible with the following software:
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Final Cut Pro
- DaVinci Resolve
- (any software that can load a LUT)
3D LUT in .cube format in 33x size
Compatible with Sony Cameras shooting in S-Log3 and S-Log2:
- SONY Alpha Series: A7SIII, A7SII, A7III
- If your camera isn’t listed, it still may be compatible. We have currently only tested on cameras listed above.
Camera Settings for S-Log3:
- S-Log3 with S-Gamut3.Cine
Camera Settings for S-Log2:
- S-Log2 with S-Gamut
For more information on camera profiles we recommend and a full camera compatibility list, please check out this link: Recommended Camera Profile Settings
Upon purchase, you will receive an instant download of the LUT file that you can use in any Software that recognizes .cube files.
This pack consists of:
(1x) S-Log3 Conversion LUT
(1x) S-Log2 Conversion LUT
When you checkout, you can create a login account so you can access all your download links. You will get access to all future updates as well as any additional LUTs that are added to this pack as they get released. If you experience any issues with the LUTs you can email us by visiting our Support page.
Version History and Updates:
Version 1.1 – October 5, 2022
- Renamed the Conversion LUTs to be in sync with our new BaseLUTs packs.
- BaseLUTs – Sony S-Log3 Conversion LUT is now better suited for filming with a gray card closer to 42 on the IRE scale whereas the original Conversion LUT was targeted closer to 50 IRE.
- BaseLUTs – Sony S-Log2 Conversion LUT is best suited for filming with a gray card closer to 45 on the IRE scale as the noise in the shadows are more apparent. Over-expose by 0.5-1 stops and then apply the BaseLUT conversion which will bring middle gray back down to 42 on the IRE scale.
- Fixed an issue where certain yellow hues were leaning more green. It is now dialed in.
- Skin-tones are improved and have less green cast to them in certain scenarios.
Version 1.0 – February 26, 2021
- Product Launch.
Gamut is dedicated to creating amazing color grading tools. We work alongside filmmakers and photographers in order to build custom color theory and to create tools that filmmakers can use to elevate their films through color. From LUTs to educational guides, Gamut works to make color grading as simple as possible by providing world-class resources for videographers.